Re: A funny thing happened on the way to the RP lab....

From: Tom Richards (tomr@aicasting.com)
Date: Mon Jun 26 2000 - 13:14:11 EEST

Glad to hear that your efforts were rewarded.

I go through a standard setup procedure every time I run our Sanders, which
pays dividends with smooth running. It's logical to check out ALL of the
systems each time. It takes me an hour to two hours or sometimes more, but
its worth it. By the time I've calibrated the jets the usual number of times
and finally checked the deposited weights, the jets have settled-in, and it
runs reliably. In my mind's eye, by then the polymer strings have alligned
and constant fluid flow and machine running conditions have been established.

I've been using service centers lately to build the transportable stuff.
However, when I run here I interrupt at least each sixteen hours to top-off
the tanks, rebubble the support jet (inportant on the MM6B), clean the
cutter, lube, and observe that everything is OK. By the way, the rebubbling
takes only about two minutes, but its KEY to its continued reliable operation.

At 11:43 AM 6/24/00 -0400, you wrote:

Yes, I said our Sanders MMII is producing
>parts well so far it completed a build and I'll be submitting others to it
>come Monday!

 Many of you may ask what