RE: STL to IGES convert

From: Pieter.Bourgaux@materialise.be
Date: Wed Jun 28 2000 - 11:24:34 EEST

Dear All,

I'm very sorry to announce that our Magics RP doesn't support IGES export of
an STL-file.
The reason is, as Adrian already mentioned, that each triangle will be
exported as a single unit. This is because the geometrical information is
lost in an STL-file, the computer doesn't know anymore that some groups of
triangles are forming (for example) a plane or cylinder. The results are
pretty big and useless IGES-files.

Magics Rp is (currently) only able to export sections and parting lines as
IGES-polylines.

Kind regards,

Pieter