Injection moulding in silicone (vacuum) molds!(?)

From: JBVentures (info@jbventures.nl)
Date: Wed Jul 05 2000 - 16:25:14 EEST

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone has ever done a test by injecting heated liquid polymer (for instance PE or ABS) into a well and tightly surrounded/supported (vacuumcasting-type) of silicone mould.
    a.. Anyone have a clue what would happen?
    b.. Anyone know the Tg of the typical silicone material?
    c.. Are there flexibele (40-50 shore A) Urethanes or other pourable materials with a higher Tg as silicone wich would suit to get better (heat)resistance?
    d.. Anyone have suggestions, theories or input if we do a test with it?
Waiting for your reply on our foreseen experiment, kind regards,

Jorn Berends
JB Ventures BV
Bedrijvenpark Twente 165c
7602 KE Almelo