bad stl files?

From: RoyJRATC@aol.com
Date: Thu Jul 06 2000 - 22:45:03 EEST

Ever have a file that opens, looks beautiful in your viewer, but won't build?
I have 2 of them! Very similar parts, basically 2 gears connected by a solid
cylinder. When we try to build these parts (3 tries now) the parts are built
in multiple sections. Here are some of the details:

1. Parts were built on a DTM machine. Each time, the other parts in the build
came out fine. Just these 2 files had problems. Here are some of the details:

2. Files were created in Mechanical Desktop - STL files are ASCII - We could
not find an option to make binary.

3. files are quite large 14 meg & 12 meg each.

Any help, suggestions or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Roy Sheppard, Jr. CPMR
Atlantic Technical Components, Inc.
269 Heather Lane