Thermojet software

From: Andrzejewski, Jan (jan.rp@pera.com)
Date: Fri Jul 21 2000 - 14:36:36 EEST

A very difficult problem is the amount of cleaning up from the supports on
areas other than downfacing surfaces. These are easy to clean because of the
automatic software creating fine support structures.

But the upfacing surfaces that come under the shadow of downfacing features
do not have this fine supporting structure and makes these surfaces prone to
problems when cleaning.

When multiple parts of the same component are built then the supports are
not the same and slight differences do tend to scar the component especially
when the thicker columns of supports are too close to vertical surfaces that
are part of the overhanging features.

In this same region I had text that protruded out as an overhang feature
from a vertical wall and these were impossible to clean up.

It is very difficult to get clients to accept that we do not have any
control over the support generation when you give them 6 parts and 1 out of
the five is excellent and the other five all show signs of support scaring
and attempts to clean then up.

It only needs to be a software upgrade then all existing users will benefit.

Jan Andrzejewski jan.rp@pera.com
RP Project Manager
PERA
Technology Centre
Nottingham Road
Melton Mowbray
Leicestershire
LE13 0PB
UK
Tel +44 (0) 1664 501501 Fax +44 (0) 1664 501556

 <<supports.bmp>>