RE: lightyear 1.1

From: Deak, Steve (sdeak@hasbro.com)
Date: Wed Aug 23 2000 - 20:21:54 EEST

Elaine,
Elaine:

The fine points will build a short "curtain" support first in order to
attach to the platform. Otherwise 50% of the supports would start in
platform holes and would float away unattached. So, the combination of
curtain supports and the additional overcure at the start of the build is
why supports are harder on the platform. I've not tried this, but if you
added a range to your supports, to the height of the curtain/fine points
interface, and reduced the overcure below that height, that might make
supports come off easier. You may also need to adjust your build start
position if your supports are deeply imbedded in the platform.

All of these are user preference settings, overcure, build start position,
etc.....I'm sure we're all different.

To Scott's question, LY 1.1 requires buildstation 5.1 for 350/500/5000/7000
machines. Not sure of the requirement for 250's.

Steve Deak
Mgr.-Rapid Prototyping e-mail: sdeak@hasbro.com
Hasbro, Inc. voice: (+1) 513-579-3270
615 Elsinore Place fax: (+1) 513-579-3250
Cincinnati, OH 45202 USA Making The World Smile TM