Question regarding Z-Corp Process

From: Paul Jaeger (pjaeger@idcomm.com)
Date: Tue Aug 29 2000 - 21:24:47 EEST

Hello List,

I have a customer that has a Z-corp machine and while it works great for his purposes he still would benefit from having a better way of impregnating/hardening his parts. The wax routine works ok, but he wants that hard plastic feel without the cost and hap-hazzard ways of dispensing Cyanoacrylate. I sold him some polyurethane resin and he's had fair results using that, but again, 2 part resins are difficult to apply evenly in certain geometries.

Getting to the point, I was wondering if anyone has experimented with cutting the starch powder with various amounts of powdered acrylic or even polystyrene. By taking the resulting model and applying the appropiate Weld On solvent product would there be enough bonding to tie it all together?

Paul Jaeger
Liquid Plastic Solutions