Size of market for Rapid Tooling

From: Nick Osborn (Nick.Osborn@swiftech.co.uk)
Date: Wed Sep 13 2000 - 19:23:46 EEST

Dear List

I wondered if anyone has any updated market info. on the above subject?

In particular, I am trying to answer the following questions:

1. Number of prototype tools required per year in UK/global? (i.e. to make up to 50 parts)

2. Number of low volume tools required per year in UK/global? (i.e. to make up to 5,000 parts)

Scope is for plastic injection moulding only at present, but any info. on pressure die-casting would also be greatly appreciated.

I will happily post a summary of responses / findings to the list once there is anything to report.

Thanks in advance

Nick