Re: The knot highlighted in the September issue of Computer Graphics World

From: Fusioneng@aol.com
Date: Wed Sep 13 2000 - 23:44:23 EEST

Talking about throwing parts against the wall. When I was trying to get my company to switch to Somos 8100 resin. I was told by the salesman that it was pretty much unbreakable. To demonstrate he threw the bottle sample against the wall and it didn't break. The next day I went into the president and made my presentation to get us to change over. Everything was going well until I tried to demonstrate how it could survive throwing it against the wall. Well to make a long story short I threw it a little too hard and it hit an edge in the wall. The part shattered into dozens of pieces. Needless to say I was turned down. Next time I will use the knot part.
Bob Morton
Fusion Engineering