Re: Gear Design Software

From: John Harnedy (machatak@tm.net.my)
Date: Fri Sep 15 2000 - 04:40:04 EEST

Hi,
would recommend that u checkout MechSoft, it has a very powerful "power
transmission" gear design and drawing capabilities. We have used it for
design motor sport components with good results. There is a functional
free download on www.mechsoft.com.
If u are working with an low stressed plastic spur gear design, then
just use the profile generator that is part of most wire cut software
packages.

We do a lot of gear design work, here in Malaysia, mostly replacements
for broken / worn gearboxes, so contact me off list if need any further
assistance.