RE: 3D printing services, suppliers, and data?

From: Chris Sutcliffe (c.j.sutcliffe@liverpool.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Sep 18 2000 - 17:31:09 EEST

Dear Elaine,

You are just being grumpy, the difficult thing is not getting the data it is
sorting out the wheat from the chaff and applying what is left to your
particular application.

Full marks to Bas Cornelissen for finding one of the best resources
available on RP (thanks Hannu and all the other contributors). May I suggest
you try the following links.

Rapid discussion.com, links to the major RP manufacturers
http://www.rapid-discussion.com/cgi-bin/dclinks/dclinks.cgi

Castle island RP bibliography and US patent index
http://home.att.net/~edgrenda/index.htm

Wohlers associates, the Wohlers report
http://wohlersassociates.com/

High speed machining
http://www.mmsonline.com/

There are many more but I think these will get you off to a flying start.

I think the only other point is that for research at any level in rapid
prototyping the best place to start is with the current manufacturers
presence on the web. Libraries even good ones will have scant information
on RP as it is such a new field.

Best of luck Bas and cheer up Elaine!

Chris

Dr. Chris Sutcliffe