RE: Lazy or Grumpy?

From: Blasch, Larry (LBlasch@OPW-FC.com)
Date: Mon Sep 18 2000 - 23:38:40 EEST

Steven,

The problem is not the act of asking the question, it's the fact the that
questioner often has so little knowledge or background about the subject
that the question is vague or meaningless. (The exception being the
Hyper-specific "Tell me Everything" questions)

Most of the questions asked appear to be right out of a term paper
assignment syllabus.

That's where the phrase "Do your homework first!" came from.

And Yes, I firmly believe that "Calculators" and "Spell Checkers" should be
banned from use in elementary education. A crutch is a crutch.

My reasoning... If the bus rider never has to learn to walk, how can he
expect to run.

Current educational methodology leaves much to be desired. (Flame repellant
ready)

Larry Blasch