When everything hits the fan...

From: Rapid Dude (rp-adm@ltk.hut.fi)
Date: Tue Sep 19 2000 - 09:33:16 EEST

Imagine someone, let's call him Mr. ISP, somewehere puts a mirror in front
of a Mr. Subscribers emailbox. This mirror reflects all emails back to the
origin, where - in case of a mailing list it - goes into the process and
gets sent again. The re-sent email then hits the mirror again and...

I killed Mr. Subscriber, but I should have broke the mirror too (and
perhaps I should kill Mr. ISP as well...). So the problem
remained and got worse and worse...

I've now removed ALL rp-ml messages from our mailqueue - manually (took me
a while to do that). I try to monitor the queue and kill Anything that
moves!!! So if your email never gets to the list - well life is hard, take
a looooong deep breath, wait a few moments (like a day or so) and send it
again.

I do hope this solves the problem. I will also send my regards to Mr. ISP
- I hope he does not have a weak heart or smthing.

My humble appologies for the inconvenience and thank you for all of you
who have contacted me and helped to solve this situation.

Yours truly

Hannu Kaikonen <rp-adm@ltk.hut.fi>
 'owner rp-ml'
*Share and Enjoy!*