Re: Rapid prototyping for electrodes

From: Allan Rennie (allan.rennie@bcuc.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Sep 22 2000 - 07:53:44 EEST

Nicolas,

Yes it is possible. (Well thats your question answered.................but heres how......)

Here at CRDM, we are fabricating copper electrodes indirectly by electroforming into both SL and
Thermojet master patterns. This means that we can effectively have thin-walled electroforms
backed up by a suitable filler to give us a solid electrode.

Typical thickness is up to a maximum of 3mm, but obviously, the thicker you have the
electroform, the longer it takes to produce.

If you want to know any more about our electroforming work, just ask and I'll be more than happy
to help.

Regards,

Allan.

nicolas guidoni wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to know if it is possible to make copper electrodes by using rapid prototyping.
> Thanks list.
>
> Guidoni Nicolas
>
> guidoni@caramail.com

> Bo=EEte aux lettres - Caramail - http://www.caramail.com
>
> --=_NextPart_Caramail_022559969445918_ID--

Allan E W Rennie
Research Engineer
Centre for Rapid Design and Manufacture
Buckinghamshire Chilterns University College
Queen Alexandra Road
High Wycombe
Bucks HP11 2JZ

Tel: +44 (0)1494 605085 Fax: +44 (0)1494 538593 Email: allan.rennie@bcuc.ac.uk