RE: Rapid prototyping for electrodes

From: Neil Hopkinson (nhopkins@dmu.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Sep 22 2000 - 08:54:11 EEST

One option is to paint your RP (eg sla, DMLS, SLS) model with conductive
paint and then to electroplate with copper. Alan Arthur (now at Birmingham
University - UK) did this at Nottingham University a few years back and used
the parts for spark erosion.
Another option we are trying here at De Montfort University is to directly
plate EOS bronze parts without any conductive paint. We have only just
started this but it appears that polishing and de-magnetising the rp part
helps to achieve a more even coating.

Hope this helps
Neil