PG Research Opportunity

From: Ian Gibson (igibson@hkucc.hku.hk)
Date: Wed Sep 27 2000 - 08:40:30 EEST

Dear rp-ml

A top surgeon in Orthopaedic Surgery has designed a new finger joint
implant for patients with severe arthritis. A number of projects have
resulted from this work already and our group has obtained funding to
support at least one more graduate student to study for MPhil and possibly
PhD.

The new project will be aimed at incorporating anthropomorphic data into
the new design. The project will also assist in the development of
appropriate manufacturing techniques for this biomechanical device.
Particular background and interest in reverse engineering is important as
well as knowledge and understanding of NURBS-based CAD. A good first degree
is essential.

The University of Hong Kong can offer a studentship, initially for 2 years
(with chance of extension), starting from January 1st, 2001.

If you are interested, please contact me by email for further details.

IG

Dr. Ian Gibson
Associate Professor
Dept. Mechanical Engineering
The University of Hong Kong
tel: +852 28597901
fax: +852 28585415
email: igibson@hkucc.hku.hk

You can't have everything. Where would you put it?