RE: STL settings in Rhino for MM2 output.

From: Jason L. Dickman (jdickman@sharedreplicators.com)
Date: Fri Sep 29 2000 - 16:47:31 EEST

Paul,
As with any CAD software the quality of the exported polygon data (.stl) is
only as good as the CAD model itself and the settings used to export. Rhino
is a great NURBS modeler and quite capable of producing good, usable
polygonal data. If the "export" settings are set properly then I would look
at the model. I'll bet these are surfaced models that are lacking continuity
(edge to edge) and (tangential) between surfaces. You know the old saying
"GIGO!".
Your customers may have some work to do.

Jason Dickman

Jason L. Dickman
VP Lab Operations
Shared Replicators, Inc.