Re: Solid Works 2000 stl setting

From: Rod Ward (rod@rapidpro.com)
Date: Fri Sep 29 2000 - 22:21:16 EEST

Bob, Scott,
We use Solidworks and ProE for eng. Also, we get alot of cust files in
Solidworks.
In literally hundreds of files, I have only had a handful of failures.
Settings I use are:
File type = binary
Quality = custom
Total Quality = .0005
Detail Quality = 5.0 degrees
These settings will make a binary file of ~.5Mb - 6Mb from most part files.
Rod Ward

Fusioneng@aol.com wrote:

> Scott :
> We get alot of jobs in via Solidworks also. We also have alot of difficulty
> with the STL output. What we normally do is export the files from solidworks
> into ProE via STEP then export from there. I have yet to have any problems
> with STL files produced by ProE and we have been using it for many years. I
> am also watching the replies on this question because I havn't been able to
> solve the problem and our work around adds extra time. But it works just fine
> if you have the luxury of having both systems in house.
>
> Bob Morton
> Fusion Engineering
>
> In a message dated 9/29/00 11:21:37 AM Central Daylight Time,
> ssutter@pdmfg.com writes:
>
> <<
> Can anyone tell me the steps to increase stl quality on Solid Works 2000.
>
> Thanks
>
> ####### Scott "Scooter" Sutterer
> #####\_O Premier Design & Mfg. Co.
> ####/\/> 5988 Mid Rivers Mall Dr.
> #### /" St. Charles MO 63304
> ### \ Phone: (636) 936-1288
> ## Fax: (636) 936-2528
> # ssutter@pdmfg.com
> www.pdmfg.com >>

"I used to be indecisive - now I'm not so sure!"