"smooth" surface function?

From: Jonathan Chertok (chertok22@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Oct 06 2000 - 22:19:10 EEST

I have a surface that has been formed for which I am looking for a tool that
can "smooth" the surface, because it is somewhat irregular in addition to
having large facets.

It will not be possible to go back and regenerate the form with smaller
facets, and I am hoping there is a tool out there that can essentially
interpolate between the data and arrive at a smooth/er/ed surface.

The best way to think of it is a handkerchief on the table that looks a bit
like crumpled paper, whereas I am hoping for a smoother surface.

Anybody got a monster program that can help me with this odd request?

Jonathan
chertok22@hotmail.com