RE: appropriate laser power?

From: Miller, Michael W (Mike.Miller3@PSS.Boeing.com)
Date: Mon Oct 09 2000 - 19:13:27 EEST

I run around 180-184C part beds and around 90C feeds at 6.5 watts laser with .006 scan spacing. In order to set temperature, however, you need to determine the melt or glaze temp and reduce by 12 degrees (if I remember correctly). You should use a good long warmup of near 1 inch or you'll still get curling. Let me know on the reliability of your machine.... mine seem to lock up a lot on complex builds.

Disclaimer: Engineer and out the other!
I've already told you more than I know.
Michael W Miller (michael.w.miller@boeing.com)
The Boeing Company M/C 17-PE B-2T65
Propulsion Experimental Hardware 206-655-3289
Rapid Prototyping 655-4366 Lab 655-4365