Re: powder ratio for SLS 2000

From: Timothy J. Gornet (tim.gornet@louisville.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 10 2000 - 21:17:26 EEST

We put the overflows back in and consider it new material. We then mix with a 2 parts old to one part new material. It is important to keep a consistent method for doing this and try to mix using some type of mixing/tumbling equipment. Keeping consistent material properties greatly improves your quality by keeping consistent scale and temperature numbers.

For your earlier questions, If you have DTM's new version 2.1 NT software, the help built into the package is very good on giving you the method to find setpoints and laser powers.

Good luck,
Tim

Tim Gornet Computer Aided Engineering Consultant
INTERNET: tim.gornet@louisville.edu
SLUGNET: Vogt Bldg. Rm 101, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40292
PHONENET: (502)852-0714 FAXNET: (502)852-8890
Rapid Prototype Facility

>>> "H.Byun" <hsbyun@kyebek.kjist.ac.kr> 10/10 11:25 AM >>>
Hi RPer
I express my thank that you gave me information on the laser power.
but, another problem happened. I dont know powder ratio for SLS 2000 ; new : overflow : used.
Can you recommand the suitable powder ratio to me?
Please, let me know it.
thank you