Powder Recycling

From: JAMES.A. (JAMES.A.@tinyworld.co.uk)
Date: Thu Oct 19 2000 - 02:36:32 EEST

To all those concerned

My name is James Jack and I am a final year mechanical design engineering student at Glasgow University. For my final year project I am to design a powder recycling unit for the Z402 3D Printer at the RDM Centre at Strathclyde University. What I am queering about is that, as far as I am aware, the current technique deployed for the recycling of the powder is manually using a simple sieve where a mask must be worn to due health and safety issues. Is this the technique that is used universally?. Or are there already devices that can automate this process?
If anyone could provide me with any information or has any points to be made in conjuction with the above it would be very much appreciated.

Thank you
James Jack