Re: More Stratasys Questions

From: Bathsheba Grossman (sheba@protoshape.com)
Date: Thu Oct 19 2000 - 22:33:48 EEST

On Thu, 19 Oct 2000, RP Solutions wrote:
> Waterworks Support structure: I was asked by a colleague if it was
> possible to Investment Cast parts ( burning out the ABS master)
> built using the waterworks support system, I think he was interested
> to see if the finish was good enough to cast enclosed areas without
> any hand finishing. Anyone tried it?How reliable is Waterworks?what
> about inclusions/porosity?

I've had one large ABS part made with WaterWorks cast. It was like
this

http://www.bathsheba.com/ora

at about 8" diameter; there were areas up to 1/2" thick. It cast very
nicely without special handling, just kiln burnout at 1200F. I saw no
evidence of ash or porosity, and the texture reproduced perfectly.

-Sheba
Bathsheba Grossman (831) 429-8224
Digital sculpture www.bathsheba.com
Creative prototyping www.protoshape.com