Non-Toxic RTV Urethane OR Coatings

From: Geoff Wakeley (g.wakeley@qmi.asn.au)
Date: Wed Oct 25 2000 - 09:54:30 EEST

One of our customers needs to perform testing of a prototype product that would be in
contact with the face. The requirements includes the material to be clear.
Testing is required for 8-10 hours. We had planned to use an SL master, RTV Silicone
tooling and polyurethane mouldings - but have obvious concerns of toxicity.

Would anyone know of an RTV Polyurethane OR any applied coating onto RTV parts that
is non-toxic, FDA approved or suitable for this type of testing?

Thanks in advance.

--
Thanks & Regards,

Geoff Wakeley RP Manager, RP&T Team Queensland Manufacturing Institute Limited Cnr. Miles Platting & Logan Rds. Eight Mile Plains. QLD. 4113 AUSTRALIA Ph. +61 7 3364 0700 Fax. +61 7 3364 0786 email: rpt@qmi.asn.au