Message to Barbara Arnold-Feret - again

From: Ian Gibson (igibson@hkucc.hku.hk)
Date: Sat Nov 04 2000 - 03:42:06 EET

Barbara

I am still having problems and cannot send mail to you direct. This problem
may be of interest to other rp-ml users and I wonder if anyone else has
experienced this problem.

The original problem arose when I sent a message to Barbara, which a cc'd
to 10 other people. Her ISP obviously has a filter to remove spam from
in-boxes of their users and considered my message to be spam (isn't 10
rather a low threshold for this?. In fact I was just sending out a message
to all those who had offered their services for my proposed Internet
conference.

Her ISP now appears to have put me on a blacklist, which intercepts my
individual messages on the basis of my email address. Now I can't send
anything to her. My problem now is how to remove my name from this list and
also how to maintain a conversation with her that will also be cc'd to 10
other people. As soon as I do that, my guess is I will be cut off again.

IG

Dr. Ian Gibson
Associate Professor
Dept. Mechanical Engineering
The University of Hong Kong
tel: +852 28597901
fax: +852 28585415
email: igibson@hkucc.hku.hk

I've been here and I've been there and I've been in between.