Re: Sanders protobuild

From: Paul Suomala (psuomala@sandersdesign.com)
Date: Thu Nov 09 2000 - 15:17:11 EET

 If it is truly the "protobuild" (the green material) you wish to dissolve, Isopropyl
alcohol is safe and relatively quick at room temperature, agitation helps. Be aware
that it will have some detrimental effect on the "protowax" if that is a concern.
 "Fingernail polish" also attacks though not fast - it can be used for solvent bonding
broken parts.
 Comment on the utrasonic - if there is "protobase" (styrofoam) in the ultrasonic
bath, the protobuild is "attacked" by it as the styrofoam itself breaks down. Extended
time of exposure of the protobuild to the ultrasonic does also attack even though
there is no styrofoam present. This is usually due to heat generated by the
ultrasonic.

Paul Suomala
Sanders Design International