Re: STL Slicing

From: Paul Suomala (psuomala@sandersdesign.com)
Date: Mon Nov 13 2000 - 14:43:25 EET

Chris,
 StlView by Igor Tebelev (websearch his name) will produce dxf slices at a
specified interval and dump all to a single file. Autocad can import this and
you may be able to write a LISP (programming interface for AC) routine to send
the discreet slices to separate files. You could try contacting Tebelev - he
could probably cut a special version for you. It may be possible to do the
whole job in AutoCad.
 You might also check with JewelCad as well as any STL viewer - they usually
support SLC format which is used by some layer-technology machines. However, to
the current best of my knowledge, the stumbling block will be the discreet file
requirement.
 Another possible format to look into is HPGL (Hewlett-Packard Graphics
Language).
 Please let me know what you find.

Best regards,
Paul S