Re: 3D Mathematical Models

From: EdGrenda@aol.com
Date: Wed Nov 15 2000 - 17:33:52 EET

<< I remember some time ago there had been a discussion on using Rapid
 Prototyping equipment to produce 3D models of mathematical equations.
 What i'm looking for is examples of these models in STL, IGES or VRML
 format. Even if someone can point me to a web site where I can download
 samples of these files will be appreciated.

 Thanks...Harry.

Dear Mr. Ardley:

You can find a comprehensive listing of FTP sites in our directory. See:

http://home.att.net/~castleisland/

>From the home page, hit the directory button and under "Commercial," you'll
see the various SW listings. It's worth looking there, although not a lot of
people are working in this area.

A good place to look for a compendium of who's doing what is Michael Bailey's
UC San Diego site:

http://www.sdsc.edu/~mjb

There are many examples of scientific visualization described there, and
perhaps if you write directly to the referenced authors, they'll be willing
to share a file or two.

Hope this helps.

Ed Grenda
Castle Island Co.