Re: Large Object Scanner

From: E. Mueller (E.Mueller@gom.com)
Date: Wed Nov 22 2000 - 18:27:03 EET

Hello,

It is not the amount of data needed (1000 x 500 datapoints = 500'000)
but the size of the object which is the limiting factor.

If we use our ATOS HR digitizer with the 800x 640 measuring area, we get
1'300'000 data points with a data spacing of 0.65 mm in each view.

For this size, we need the ATOS XL system (with photogrammetry), with
typically 24 individual ATOS measurements. To measure and to process the
data to STL, we need typically half a day. To get from these data CAD
data, special softwareprogramms are available.

We can calibrate our system for bigger measuring areas, but then we need
a high power lamp and it becomes a special system.

To digitize the outside of half of a full size car in half a day is easy
and proven by some of our customers, but to do 8 m square in one hour
with data processing and CAD data output is not yet possible.

Please keep us informed to discuss this application in detail.

With best regards

Ernst Mueller
Ernst Mueller mailto:E.Mueller@gom.com
GOM International AG http://www.gom.com
Bremgarterstr. 89B Tel.: +41 (0)56 631 0404
CH-8967 Widen, Switzerland Fax: +41 (0)56 631 0407