SLS Sinterstation 2500plus - DuraForm

From: Krassimir Dotchev (Dotchev@Cardiff.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Nov 22 2000 - 20:19:12 EET

Dear List,

DuraForm on DTM 2500plus - "orange peel" ?

Many times when we were running DuraForm on our DTM Sinterstation 2500plus
machine I experienced "orange peel" on some areas of vertical walls of the
parts. It looks like orange peel but I think that this effect can be named
differently. It appears on outside surfaces only and not on all vertical
walls. I was told that the reason for that could be old powder or not
correct temperatures for the left/right feed cartridges. I tryed with new
powder and different temperatures but I didn't succeed to overcome this
unpleasant phenomena. I've got long experience with 2000 and 2500 but I've
never seen this before. One my explanation is that the reason for that
could be the new roller mechanism which differs from those on 2000 and
2500 machines.

Has anyone experienced the above problem when running DuraForm on DTM
Sinterstation 2500plus machine? Have you got any explanation and
corrective measures?

Best regards,

Krassimir

Dr.Krassimir Dotchev
Manufacturing Engineering Centre
Systems Division, School of Engineering,
Cardiff University
PO Box 688, Newport Road
Cardiff CF24 3TE
United Kingdom

Tel: +44 (0)2920 874641, +44 (0)2920 875918
        or +44 (0)2920 876268

Fax: +44 (0)2920 874880
        or +44 (0)2920 874003

E-mail: DOTCHEV@cf.ac.uk