RE: Surface finish

From: Deak, Steve (sdeak@hasbro.com)
Date: Mon Nov 27 2000 - 20:35:34 EET

mil-9 glass beads work the best, IMHO. If you use aluminum oxide, parts
come out dingy and dirty in appearance.

mil-9 refers to the bead size, and should be universal among suppliers.
This is small enough to get in tight areas, yet large enough to scuff the
surface and blend out imperfections.

Use 35-55 psi regulated air pressure, depending upon the geometry being
worked.

Steve Deak
Mgr.-Rapid Prototyping e-mail: sdeak@hasbro.com
Hasbro, Inc. voice: (+1) 513-579-3270
615 Elsinore Place fax: (+1) 513-579-3250
Cincinnati, OH 45202 USA Making The World Smile TM