Re: Centre of Excellence in Advanced Toolmaking

From: Doug Groh (douggroh@rapid.com)
Date: Tue Dec 19 2000 - 15:22:23 EET

I don't feel that this was out of line.
I would like to see more of this type of info from the U.S. here also.

Doug Groh
Director APDS
PGK Engineering
185 Elmwood
Troy, MI, 48084

248-577-5227 office
248-577-9869 fax
248-310-6198 cell

Allan E W Rennie wrote:

RP list,

Hope I'm not overstepping the mark here with the following - just trying to promote courses that may be of benefit to list members.

Best wishes to you all for the festive season.

Regards,

Allan.

------

Centre of Excellence in Advanced Toolmaking

Course Calendar
January - July 2001
Toolmaker Training

The Centre of Excellence for Advanced Toolmaking, situated within the Buckinghamshire Chilterns University College, is now in its second year of service. The primary role of the Centre of Excellence lies in the training of UK Toolmakers, with the ultimate aim of enabling them to better utilise modern technology.

All of our courses are designed to meet with current Toolmakers needs and are delivered by experienced and competent training providers using the latest state of the art technology. Due to our courses being certified, a document will be presented upon completion of each individual course attended.

The Centre is equipped with sophisticated technology that is of industry standard and often found in the workplace of Toolmakers. It is this equipment and software that the trainers will be using to teach those who enroll on our courses.

The following schedule lists the course dates from January to July 2001. Courses are usually limited to no more than eight  people, and are available on a "first-come, first-served" basis. The dates listed are fixed, but the Centre can also offer customised courses to meet specific training needs. Please contact Gordon Hooker (gordon.hooker@bcuc.ac.uk) for further details.

This calendar is the first for the 2001 season, and will be reissued at regular intervals in the coming months. If you require training in other areas not listed here, please contact us and we will try to meet your specific needs.

TOOLMAKER TRAINING SCHEDULE 2001 - Issued January 2001

Course Title
Duration (days)
January
February
March
April
May
June
July
DELCAM PowerMILL
4
22-25

14-17

DELCAM PowerMILL Update
1
26

18

DELCAM PowerSHAPE
5

19-23

AutoCAD Level 1
4

9-12

AutoCAD Level 2
4

24-27

CNC Milling Using Heidenhain Controllers
5

5-9

4-8

Advanced CNC Milling Using Heidenhain Controllers
3

2-4

2-4
Rapid Prototyping Appreciation Day
1

14

16

Rapid Tooling Awareness Day
1

21

23

CRDM Open Day
1

6

10

5

Tool Room Supervisory Skills Course
5

19-23

Project Planning and Management for Toolmakers
4

14-17
4-7

CAM Using MasterCAM
10 evenings (6-9pm)

26
3,10,17,24,31
7,14,21,28

AutoCAD Level 1
12 evenings (6-9pm)
17,24,31
7,14,21,28
7,14,21,28
4

For course prices, please contact either Gordon Hooker or Georgina Hall for further information at:-

Centre of Excellence for Advanced Toolmaking
Buckinghamshire Chilterns University College
Queen Alexandra Road
High Wycombe
Buckinghamshire
HP11 2JZ