RE: Need to convert STL file

From: Jeff Katz (JeffK@protomarket.com)
Date: Fri Dec 29 2000 - 21:14:22 EET

Dean,

I think we can help you. It was with great pride that we announced our new
file translation service earlier this month. This is a pay-per-use
service, so you do not need to buy expensive software, or go through any
training.

The translator service is not yet web-enabled; we are still doing the
integration work. However, we can still do things the old-fashioned way.
We can accept files via secure ftp or e-mail, or you can send them to us via
our website (ask for instructions first). We can turn most files around in
48 hours or less, pricing per file as follows:

Up to 15Mb is US$250
15 to 30Mb is US$475
each add'l 10 Mb is +US$100

Service includes running the files through our automated CAD translation
software, and up to two hours (more for files over 30Mb) of operator time to
check and repair each file afterwards (this is similar to having a bilingual
human check the results of an automated language translator). Please note
that part histories will not be retained.

Supported formats include:
I-DEAS Version 7 and 8
Unigraphics Version 15 and 16
Pro/ENGINEER Version 20, 2000i
CATIA Version 4.22
Parasolid
IGES (Standard and flavored)
STEP
STL

If you are interested, please contact me directly.

Best regards,

Jeff Katz
President/CEO, ProtoMarket.com
773-477-7374 x203
www.Protomarket.com
The Online Marketplace for Rapid Manufacturing
Fast, Free, and Secure