Re: Prototyping

From: Doug Groh (douggroh@rapid.com)
Date: Mon Jan 01 2001 - 19:54:18 EET

David,
With the melt temp of Pewter at 400 degrees Farenheit, I do believe that silicon
rubber would work. I was using silicon rubber for pouring Low melt alloys
containg tin bismuth at approximately 310 degrees. I used a silicon rubber mold
and put it immediately after pouring, into a pressure pot at about 65-75 pounds
(paint pressure pots are readily available from Paint supplies or Graingers.)
This
eliminated any air bubbles in your part.

Doug Groh
Director APDS
PGK Engineering
185 Elmwood