weird build

From: Elaine Hunt (ehunt@ces.clemson.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 05 2001 - 20:34:01 EET

This morning I had several large parts as well as several smaller parts
that I wanted to build over the weekend. So I stacked them up 3d in my 10
inch build area. In order to do this several smaller parts sat over the
larger ones and when supports were generated they went though the larger
parts. I realize that surface finish might suffer some but I was wondering
if what I did saved me any time? Anyone tried 3D packing of an SLA vat?

elaine

Opinions, suggestions, and other controversial matter VOID where prohibited.

Impossibilities are merely things which we have not yet learned.
                                                          ~ Charles W.
Chesnutt

Elaine T. Hunt, Director elaine.hunt@ces.clemson.edu
Laboratory to Advance Industrial Prototyping
Clemson University 206 Fluor Daniel Bldg.
Clemson, SC 29634-0925
864-656-0321 (voice) 864-656-4435 (fax)
http://www.vr.clemson.edu/credo/persall/persall.html
http://www.vr.clemson.edu/rp/