Internet conference update

From: Ian Gibson (igibson@hkucc.hku.hk)
Date: Mon Jan 08 2001 - 03:10:37 EET

Dear rp-ml

Just to remind you that the Internet conference 'The Future of RP' is still
going strong and awaiting your input.

There is still plenty of time for you to register your thoughts, questions
and suggestions. Go to

http://www.rapid-discussion.com

I note that there are discussions in most of the areas, raising some very
interesting points. However, there appears to be little in the way of
anecdotal evidence. It would be nice to see some of the wealth of
experience gained in using RP over the years. For example: -

- I would like to hear whether anyone has started using the colour ZCorp
machine in earnest.
- Alain Bernard would like to know what difficulties are faced in
incorporation of scan data into solid models.
- Wai Hon Wah would like to hear from sculptors and there likes and
dislikes of RP.

and the same applies to tooling, medical, architecture. What is the
experience of seasoned users in these areas?

IG

Dr. Ian Gibson
Associate Professor
Dept. Mechanical Engineering
The University of Hong Kong
tel: +852 28597901
fax: +852 28585415
email: igibson@hkucc.hku.hk

I've been here and I've been there and I've been in between.