10k char limit in emails

From: Rapid Dude (rp-adm@ltk.hut.fi)
Date: Wed Jan 10 2001 - 11:07:54 EET

Hello

Just wanted to remind you all, that there is a 10 000 char limit
(uuencoded chars) with rp-ml. Please avoid sending attachments to the
list, publish them at a website instead. This 10 000 char limit can
easily be exeeded even without attachments, especially if you're using
HTML -compatible emailprogs. Majority of such programs send emails, not
only in plain txt (or html), but in html (or plain txt) format also (this
feature can be turned off).

During last year, the notorious 2k -which actually is 2048 ;) , good
people at rp-ml sent and received over 4200 messages (including
dublicates), that's about 17Mb of emails. Since there are currently about
1764 subscribers, we should be able to do better than that - so keep them
coming folks! We are here to share and enjoy!

Happy mmailing to you all!

Yours truly

Hannu Kaikonen <rp-adm@ltk.hut.fi>
 'owner rp-ml'