Re: Any news on Cubital ...

From: Brandon R. Ferguson (bferguso@ucalgary.ca)
Date: Tue Jan 15 2002 - 18:30:39 EET

Greetings Filip and all;

News on Cubital:

   * our machine (4600) is currently available. We have had no interest
     to date. ANYONE WANT TO PURCHASE?!
   * I heard that one of the major Cubital users (they had two 5600
     machines operating 24 hours a day) - Toledo Mould & Die have shut
     down both machines some months back. (can anyone confirm this?)
   * I heard that Cubital (Israel) is no more.
   * our machine has been idle for ~1.5 years now.
   * my calculations brought resin usage to about $4.00 per layer
     (6/1000" ea) but I reached the bottom of a 55 gal. drum of resin
     almost 4x to soon. (Perhaps I am incapable of tuning the machine
     correctly.)
   * With regard to first hand experience - I've taken the machine
     appart almost entierly and ran the beast for 2 years. The guys at
     Cubital America were absolutely fantastic with the phone support
     they supplied (specifically Udi Avrahami).

Anybody got any other news or views?

Brandon R. Ferguson
University of Calgary