Job opportunity - modelmaker - West London based

From: Ben May (benmay@pdd.co.uk)
Date: Thu Jan 18 2001 - 12:35:07 EET

PDD is a highly successful Product Innovation Consultancy which is
currently undergoing rapid growth and so, in order to keep pace with the
expansion of our design studio, we have an immediate opening for an
experienced modelmaker within our modelmaking department. The successful
applicant will be joining a small team whose primary function is help
achieve faster and more efficient design resolution hence a focus at the
front end on conceptual modelmaking and proof of principle rigs alongside
the more usual marketing and prove-out modelmaking. Input into the design
process is encouraged and is supported by an active training program to
enable the modelmaking team to add value, not only through hands-on skills,
but also as a knowledge-based resource.

The successful applicant must have the following:-

* At least 3 years professional modelmaking experience
* The ability to finish models to a high standard (hand-finishing,
spraying etc.)
* Significant manual machining experience.
* The ability to work to high tolerances in a wide range of materials.
* Be team-orientated, self-motivated and interested in the wider
issues of design

Desirable but not essential additional skills could include:-

* Vacuum-casting
* Vacuum- forming
* CNC turning or milling, or combi-mill experience
* Part-programming (particularly in Powermill)
* Powershape
* Experience of electronics prototyping
* Labview

Salary is negotiable on the basis of previous experience and comes with an
attractive package of benefits including training, healthcare, company share
and bonuses.
Any interested candidates can respond either by return email or to the
address given below,

We're looking forward to hearing from you!

Ben May
Senior Development Manager

PDD Ltd
87 Richford Street