RE: Nifty Software

From: Bruce (lemaster@artcorp.com)
Date: Fri Jan 19 2001 - 21:57:53 EET

Tom and others,

The Sensable Technologies input device you refer to is called the Phantom.
We have been using our "Free Form" system since October and have recently
produced some really great models. The whole process allows us to
circumvent the traditional clay and foam sculptors and do the work
digitally. Once we have the sculpture in our system we have many options.
We can output STL files directly to our machines for fabrication or we can
export IGES data for tool makers to start cutting molds for productions
tooling.

The process is really amazing and it's one of those thing that you truly
have to "feel" to appreciate. We think the system is a great link between
industrial designers and RP.

Regards,

Bruce E. LeMaster

Applied Rapid Technologies Corporation