LightYear supports

From: Steve Stewart (steve@protogenic.com)
Date: Wed Jan 31 2001 - 22:30:59 EET

Hi, all -

After many years of using Bridgeworks to do our supports, we have been
testing the finepoints supports in 3D's LightYear. Our guys have been
working with 3D on a lot of issues, but the biggest one is that so much
geometry winds up not being supported that we have to spend a much greater
amount of time manually examining every part and its supports before each
run. 3D has been of very limited help, says they "are working on the
problems".

With Bridgeworks, we had tuned a lot of parameters and gotten to a point
where we virtually never had non-supported geometry, and had largely
automated our setup/supporting process.

I am relatively certain that we can't be the only ones who are having this
problem. Are we missing something here? Anybody have suggestions or
experiences to share?

Thanks,

Steve Stewart steve@protogenic.com
protogenic, inc. http://www.protogenic.com
1490 w. 121 ave., suite 101 phone:303-252-0212
westminster, co 80234 fax:303-252-0223

Protogenic - Always on time,
                    Always great Customer service,
                         Always top quality.