Re: Points to Poly

From: SCat3D@aol.com
Date: Thu Feb 01 2001 - 21:10:54 EET

More about Paraform's Points to Polys free software: I find it works with
large data sets well if you divide your point cloud into sub-objects before
polygonizing. For example, if you scan an entire car, cut out componants such
as the bumper, hood, mirrors, etc. into individual point clouds before
polygonizing. This allows Paraform to handle large clouds without resampling
and losing point data, and seems to work better for me than Geomagic which
arbitrarily throws away points to meet its built in limit.

-Steve
www.gentlegiantstudios.com