Re: rp definition

From: Marshall Burns (Marshall@Ennex.com)
Date: Fri Feb 02 2001 - 23:00:58 EET

Elaine,

    Here is the definition/description from our "What is a Fabber" page
(http://www.ennex.com/fabbers/fabbers.sht):

    A fabber (short for "digital fabricator") is a "factory in a box" that
makes things automatically from digital data. Fabbers generate
three-dimensional, solid objects you can hold in your hands, submit to
testing, or assemble into working mechanisms. They are used by manufacturers
around the world for low-volume production, prototyping, and mold mastering.
They are also used by scientists and surgeons for solid imaging, and by a
few modern artists for innovative computerized sculpture.

Best regards,
Marshall Burns
President, Ennex Corporation

Marshall@Ennex.com