Re: Block of modeling foam?

From: NFKinzie@aol.com
Date: Sun Feb 04 2001 - 14:54:46 EET

Marshall,

Contact Jiffy Foam, Inc. @ 800 344 8997.

Ask about their lighter density (4-6 lb/cf??) "phenolic foams." They are
very easy to carve by hand. They are not durable - but that probably doesn't
matter to you.

The foam is open cell and could be strengthened by infiltrating a resin.
(You've probably encountered something similar used by florists for holding
flower stems.)

Sorry, don't know a web address for them. Good luck.

Norm Kinzie