RE: vapor deposition of urethane castings

From: Pattison, Will (WPattison@Ignition.com)
Date: Tue Feb 06 2001 - 18:07:50 EET

i originally posted this off-line, but the rest of you might be interested:

check out http://www.deepcoat.com.

these guys use vapor deposition to sheild all kinds of things, like cell
phone face plates, for example. they can put down aluminum, copper,
stainless, or custom tailored combinations. the advantage, aside from the
high shield effectiveness, is that it's about 1/10th the thickness of
spraylat-type metal loaded paints.

ben mccarter is the man to talk to.

will pattison, idsa
ignition