Re: re; 3d dxf

From: C. Brock Rooney (brock@mich.com)
Date: Sat Feb 10 2001 - 00:31:16 EET

At 02:00 PM 2/9/01 -0500, NECOINC@aol.com wrote

> Folk
> Has any one used any software to easily translate a 3d dxf file into a
> surface file and then be able to generate a water tight stl file for print.
> thanks

We have a Dxf to Iges product (DXFtoIG) which will convert DXF face and mesh
entities
to surfaces. Then our Iges-to-Stl product (IGtoSTL) can be used to
convert to STL.
IGtoSTL will fix up any poorly matched suface edges etc. to produce a valid
STL file.
Keep in mind: If the DXF is from a solid, the DXF will contain probably be
already faceted,
and so STL facet quality is mostly determined by the facet quality in the
AutoCad model.

C. Brock Rooney, Pres., Brock Rooney & Associates Inc. (Brockware)
        915 Westwood Birmingham MIchigan 48009 USA
 (248)645-0236 fax(248)645-9020 email brockware@ameritech.net