Re: Investment casting

From: Tom Richards (tomr@aicasting.com)
Date: Fri Feb 23 2001 - 17:35:57 EET

Hello Senthil, You would best contact the Investment Casting Institute at
investmentcasting.org, and request a copy of "What is Investment Casting?".
Then, choose a prototyping process which builds in a material of
construction which is compatible with the making of the investment mold and
which builds patterns having an acceptable resolution, accuracy and finish.
Check your school's library for books on casting of aluminum, or contact
The American Foundry Society at afsinc.org for a list of their
publications. Best Regards, Tom Richards, Metallurgist