RE: Digitizing and Software

From: Chris Lawrie (cl@delcam.com)
Date: Thu Mar 01 2001 - 13:08:13 EET

Jim
I recommend Anshuman Razdan's site for a comprehensive list of products.
http://3dk.asu.edu/digitizers <http://3dk.asu.edu/digitizers>
Check out Delcam's CopyCAD on www.delcam.com <http://www.delcam.com> (or
www.copycad.com <http://www.copycad.com> ). CopyCAD is a tool which allows
you to quickly produce smooth surfaces from a variety of data types (whether
it be points or triangle models). We also have a wizard which reads point
clouds and asks a couple of simple questions before creating an optimised
triangle model.
We have a strong working relationship with Renishaw, who produce the most
successful reverse engineering scanner in the world (called Cyclone). This
is a touch trigger system and hence the result is accurate clean, noise free
data.
CopyCAD and the Cyclone are a combination you should look into.

I hope that this is of some use to you

Best Regards
Chris Lawrie

Chris Lawrie Product Marketing Manager