Re: 3dlightyear service pack 1

From: Pat Warner (pat.warner@benettonformula.com)
Date: Mon Mar 05 2001 - 12:28:25 EET

Ryan
        I have been using this patch for some time now, as we are one of the beta test sites.
The strand spacing only appears to close down on small line details and these areas do not present a problem during clean up. The larger areas that saw spacing problems whilst using custom draw seems to have been corrected. On the whole the supports are better than the original with less general editing required on the more basic geometries.
        If you were experiencing the extra borders on the bottom of your parts causing ridges and floating borders as we were with Lightyear 1.1, you will find this pack an improvement, as Z correction now works properly.

Pat Warner
CAD/CAM Engineer
Benetton Formula 1
Enstone
Oxon
U.K.
OX7 4EE

Tel 01608 678000 ext. 5152
Fax 01608 678514
E-mail pat.warner@benettonformula.com

>>> "Ryan Lindholm" <ryanl@eagledesign.com> 02/03/2001 17:52:04 >>>
When creating supports with this new patch, I am finding that the supports
need to be edited much more then before. On small parts and radii, the
supports more resemble curtain supports than fine point. The spacing is
very small. Is anybody else having this occurance?

Ryan Lindholm
Eagle Design and Technology, Inc.
2437 84th Avenue
Zeeland, Michigan 49464
Phone (616)748-1022
Fax (616)748-1032
http://www.eagledesign.com
Email: ryanl@eagledesign.com

For further information on Benetton Formula 1 visit our web site at www.benettonf1.com. This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please destroy and notify Benetton Formula on +44 1608678000.