RE: Hello Help

From: Ping Fu (pfu@geomagic.com)
Date: Thu Mar 08 2001 - 07:12:08 EET

The protein data bank file (PDB) specifies the center of
the atoms and the types of atoms. The atoms have
pre-defined radii, but they are not specified in the PDB file.

To compute the a molecular surface or a solvent accessible
surface from a PDB file, you need a specialized software.
I wrote one 4 years ago, but I am not sure it
still runs. If you send me the data, we can try it.
You can check out the site http://www.alphashapes.org/alpha/index.html
and click on gallary, all molecules displayed are computed
from PDB files.

If you want to print it, you need a STL file. If you want
to machine it, you need a NURBS surface in IGES format.
Both can be done using Geomagic Studio by Raindrop Geomagic.
www.geomagic.com

Ping Fu
pfu@geomagic.com